Senior Gameplay Programmer
nDreams – Hampshire, UK
Do you want to take your programming experience and apply it to some of the most exciting and cutting edge VR projects around?
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer for nDreams, you'll be pivotal in helping to deliver innovative, world class games at the frontier of new hardware and pioneering methods of implementation. You only have to look at how well Phantom: Covert Ops has been received to see that nDreams are changing the gaming landscape when it comes to VR.
Trailblazingly fresh, creative, and immersive VR experiences is the standard at nDreams! In this role, you can expect to be creating tactile, satisfying, and responsive game systems.
If your coding skills are maxed out, you can target bugs with sniper-like precision, with your only combo-breaker being an empty coffee cup. Join the wonderful team at nDreams as their new Senior Gameplay Programmer to be a part of the future of VR games.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve the following:
- Building high quality and scalable features for AAA quality VR games
- Exchanging ideas and technical plans with the design team
- Guiding features through a full development cycle – starting with rapid prototyping, evolving through production development, iteration/balancing, and bug fixing
The skills and XP you’ll need to succeed include:
- A knack for making interactions and mechanics feel right – combining smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio, and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions
- Proven experience programming high quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles
- Experienced in authoring efficient and scalable code for games
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D maths and data structures
- Strong performance-minded development and optimisation skills
- Advanced knowledge base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns, and software engineering.
BONUS POINTS will be awarded if you have VR development and Unreal experience!
nDreams are an open, creative, and diverse studio. You’ll be joining a growing team that’s encouraged to explore their own ideas and make their mark on the studio’s titles.
You can expect to be on the receiving end of some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days of holiday (plus banks holidays), duvet days, share options, and regular socials.
This is your chance to get on board as the studio grows and undertakes bigger titles to drive the development of VR games onward and upward.
Interested in a future with this industry innovator?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777