Senior Gameplay Programmer (Fully Remote Role)
Hypixel Studios – Derry, UK
***Fully Remote Role***
I'm working with Derry based Hypixel Studios to find a Senior Gameplay Programmer well versed in C#/Java to join their established team which collaborates remotely from around the world.
Hypixel team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds but all share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
I'm wanting to hear from developers that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a member of the engineering team you will be responsible for designing and building the gameplay systems that drive Hypixel's content creation. You will support and be supported by a team of technical designers who take design and turn it into gameplay using their scripting and game editing tools.
You will also have a hand in the design and initial versions of gameplay and systems, from concept to prototype whilst working in collaboration with the design and the rest of engineering.
Who you are…
- You’re an engineer with an appreciation for design, who understands the needs of designers and can translate between engineering and design
- You have strong fundamental programming skills and can build robust, highly scalable systems
- You know how to interact and/or understand the different areas involved to complete a feature such as design, art, audio, and can communicate efficiently with them
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring colleagues; in fact you’d like to think people enjoy working with you
Your responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating with the Design team them to build the systems they need to bring Hytale to life
- Develop extendable gameplay modules that can be used and customised by the technical designers and eventually modders
- Think as an architect first and maintain a body of work that is well reasoned and maintainable over the long haul
- Break down complex design requests into actionable iterations
- Champion the creator and make sure that tools and systems are as easy to use as possible
- Elevate the team by challenging and discussing ideas, striving for high quality systems, and maintaining a focus on innovation
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 5+ years gameplay programming experience with a shipped title
- Experienced with data-driven programming and Entity Component Systems
- Experience developing games with a memory managed language
- Experience developing gameplay systems with a specific care for modability and usability
- Strong design/architecture skills, keeping the end user in mind
- Comfortable implementing features for online multiplayer games
- Comfortable expressing a design opinion constructively
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous
Hypixel traces their origins back to the Hypixel Network minigames server, which was established in 2013 and subsequently became one of the most popular independent game servers in the world. They have served millions of players and launched dozens of games through their work as modders – and along the way, Hypixel has become a beloved brand among fans of the block game genre.
To find out more about the role and studio contact Dave Moss on +44 (0)1709 834777 or firstname.lastname@example.org