Senior Gameplay Programmer
Rockstar Games – Dundee, UK
Rockstar games need no introduction and I'm very excited to be supporting them in their search for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join their Dundee studio.
At Rockstar you will be working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects in the industry and you'll be joining a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn alongside and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
As part of the Gameplay team you will be working on existing gameplay systems and implementing new gameplay systems to meet project design goals. You can expect to be engaging with a range of game programming areas including AI, physics, animation, UI, and data management.
You will be responsible for…
- Working with the design and content teams to architect, engineer, and implement new features and systems which facilitate the creation of exciting new gameplay experiences
- Liaising with multiple departments and studios to create and/or extend gameplay systems
- Work to deadlines and scope work appropriately to deliver the quality the studio is known for
- Reacting to design changes and related feedback with thought out solutions and effective planning to achieve goals
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Experience with C/C++/C# programming (VC14 preferable)
- Strong understanding of top-down design, object-oriented programming, design patterns, and game design principles
- Able to architect, engineer, and implement clean and concise APIs
- Solid maths skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra
- Accomplished communicator with technical & problem-solving skills
- Organised and able to consistently deliver on deadlines
- Highly motivated with a positive mentality and enjoy work as part of a team
- Adaptable and comfortable prioritising and multi-tasking
While a Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus is advantageous – relevant experience will be taken into consideration as an alternative.
Bonus XP if you can bring any of the following…
- Previously worked in medium to large sized development teams
- One or more shipped titles preferably on Xbox or PlayStation consoles
- Game design/scripting experience in a professional capacity
- Portfolio of previous work (code samples strongly advised)
- Experience working with AI for action/multiplayer games
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus
To give you more information about the Rockstar Dundee studio, they're responsible for building core gameplay systems and their developers are proficient in both inter and intra-studio communication, relying on and providing feedback to other teams.
The studio creates the backbone upon which the design team authors Rocksteady's game missions, random events, ambient life, and everything in between. They also create tools to facilitate authoring, improve iteration times and increase the productivity of all teams across the studio.
Rockstar Dundee has the responsibility for programming the design team’s systems, creating often complex and intricate code for single player and online content. The studio also implement design centric systems directly, allowing them us to quickly iterate on new features and ideas, often with little to no dependence on other code departments.
Now you've got the low down on the role and studio if you're interested and feel you're a good fit for this role click the apply link below or contact me directly.
email@example.com or call +44(0)1709 834777.