Senior Gameplay Programmer
Smilegate – Barcelona, ES
We're delighted to be able to represent Smilegate as they recruit for an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer to bolster their existing team of highly skilled coders.
Working in the amazing city of Barcelona, you will be helping to develop their upcoming, open world PC/console game currently in development. They are looking to find someone who can help to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication within the team.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- The ability to code high level systems to low level performance tweaks in C/C++
- A strong understanding of how to transform design requests into meaningful and working features
- Good game design knowledge to complement and amplify design specs, creating player centric and rewarding experiences
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project
- Credited on at least one shipped AAA game, either as Senior / Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Deep working knowledge of gameplay and AI systems
- Unreal Engine experience in a modern console environment is a plus
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Working hand-in-hand with designers to build a structure to support rapid prototyping, whilst keeping code stability in the long term
- Coordinate with engine coders to define the best programming environment for each development phase
- Be the representative and champion for gameplay code to all other parties
- Coordinate and complement work from system designers
- Collaborate with the rest of the gameplay programming team to establish code guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets
- Work alongside the combat, world, and mission design teams to make sure they have the most efficient tools
- Analyse, validate, and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
- Help build up a world class gameplay programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring processes
- Be a mentor for other coders and foster a continuous learning environment
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, one-on-one sessions, and 360 feedback
Additionally, the studio will offer an excellent remuneration package, Visa support for any non-EU candidates, and the option of working remotely on a temporary basis for anyone required to relocate.
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777