Senior Gameplay Designer
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, UK
***Remote working available during COVID-19***
This is your chance to work for a studio who have a strong pedigree of creating critically acclaimed, award-winning, console games.
Established in 2010, this studio has brought together some of the industry's most experienced and talented developers with a vision to create genre-defining titles for a global audience.
The last decade has seen the team go from strength to strength and they are now expanding into a two project studio. As part of this expansion they are in the process of recruiting an experienced Senior Gameplay Designer to play a key role in the development of their new open-world action RPG project.
As a key member of the design team you will take ownership of core character-driven gameplay systems, working closely with all other disciplines to implement them to the highest standard.
You will be flexible, highly motivated, approachable and you will mentor and help junior teammates. You will provide feedback on design and act as a champion of quality.
Your skills and experience should include:
- 5+ years industry experience in game design positions
- Experience of a full development cycle in a Design position on at least one published console title
- Able to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives
- Proven success in creating compelling character-driven gameplay systems such as locomotion, combat, camera and AI in AAA games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for games
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting game studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then you need to be getting in touch and sending me your CV!
Contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +44 (0)1709 834777.