Senior Gameplay Designer (Hybrid Options)
nDreams – Farnborough, UK
nDreams are on the hunt for a Senior Gameplay Designer to collaborate closely with our development teams to develop world class VR games and experiences. If you are a maestro of feature innovation and top tinkerer of gameplay systems, they’d love for you to get in touch!
nDreams are a world-leading virtual reality game developer and publisher, combining innovation with excellence – they’re the studio behind the #1 Selling, Best of E3 Award-winning, Phantom: Covert Ops, and Fracked, their recently released PS VR exclusive. Their projects are a leap forward for VR and for the studio!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaboration with the Lead Designer to establish designs for core features of the project
- Driving the development of features through inspirational and collaborative design with a multidisciplinary team
- Frequently liaising with the Lead designer and the Art & Code departments to make sure that features meet the creative and technical needs of the project
- Balancing, tinkering and playtesting to optimising the experience
- Creating briefs and comprehensive documents for your features, to be used to communicate and align team vision
- Researching and analysing similar features within existing titles
- Taking responsibility for mentoring, supporting and elevating the performance and team values of nDreams.
- Testing and evaluating game elements and provide appropriate feedback.
The personality traits you'll need…
- Open-ended problem solver – analytical mind that can proactively breakdown target experiences into world class features aligned with the Game Directors vision.
- Performance and accountability – results-driven, achieving targets, paying attention to detail, taking responsibility, demonstrating drive, commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard whilst also focusing on profitable delivery
- Teamwork – helping the team to achieve results through collaboration and empowerment.
- Communication and relationships – ability to gain work effectively with a wide range of team members, communicate clearly both verbally and in written formats and build effective work relationships
- Planning and organising – ability to prioritise work and identify and manage workload both for yourself and for your project teams
nDreams are a growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. They encourage an open, creative and diverse culture, and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of their own, they combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. They’re proud of their culture – now's your opportunity to see why!
nDreams offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Their newly refurbished open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The role is based in their modern studio in Farnborough, UK, but with a unique Flex+ policy which incorporates options for flexible, hybrid working from home and studio. The studio is within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
Sound interesting and want to hear more?
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01709 834777