Senior Gameplay Animator
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, UK
Playground Games is seeking a Senior Gameplay Animator who will be responsible for creating a diverse variety of animations needed to realise the vision for Fable, the hugely anticipated open world action RPG title.
You’ll be working with characters, creatures, and props and as such you’ll be a highly motivated dev with a strong eye for detail, a fundamental understanding of game development processes and a passion for video games that matches Playground’s.
Your expertise in the creation of animation will cover a broad range of key areas, including facial, motion capture and keyframe and your developed eye will aid in the breakdown and design of animation focused mechanics.
You should be a creative animator and a problem solver, with good knowledge of the technical aspects of your craft, including practical experience with current 3D software such as Maya, 3DsMax and MotionBuilder.
As an animator at Playground you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the team on improving the animation and art pipelines.
- A strong body of work demonstrating solid understanding of body mechanics and animation fundamentals
- Proficiency in both key-frame and motion capture workflows
- Motivated and driven mentality to produce and achieve work of the highest quality
- Experience and understanding of implementation for core gameplay systems and mechanics
- Proficiency in both Maya and MotionBuilder
Bonus points for…
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Experience with performance capture pipelines
- Good understanding of cinematography and scene staging
- Interactive storytelling
- AAA experience
- True passion for video games
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
Get in touch with Jordan Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01709 834 777 to apply or find out more about the role, studio and working culture.