Senior Game Programmer
TT Games – Knutsford, UK
TT games are searching for a Senior Game Programmer to join their talented team! The Game Programming Team at TT games work alongside designers, technical designers, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to create the gameplay code required to construct their games. You will be working on a major IP LEGO game built in Unreal.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with animators, artists, and designers to engineer reusable modular game systems that they can use to create networked content for the game
- Constructing the AI systems required to create networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI.
- Writing networked player mechanics.
- Building GUI systems
- Implementing achievements, trophies, and rich presence
- Utilising C++ and the editor to achieve the above
- Mentoring Junior and Mid-level Game Programmers
- Evaluating code reviews
- Penning unit tests, functional tests, data validation tests, and game-wide automated tests that validate the ongoing stability of your work and others
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming gameplay and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject
- Fluency in object-oriented C++ with proficient debugging and documentation abilities
- High-level 3D maths and physics capabilities
- Comprehensive understanding of systems optimisation
- Adept at creating significant volume of efficient, secure code
- Several years of experience in the games industry with Unreal Engine 4 track record on at least one released console game
- A passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators, and designers; supporting their day-to-day needs for gameplay technology and associated tools
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Ability to provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
- A keen eye for analysing design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
- Strong documentation skills
TT Games are responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series; they're in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind the studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.