Senior Game Programmer
Fortitude Games – Guildford, UK
This is your opportunity to join a team of BAFTA-nominated devs in a highly influential role. They're a rapidly growing studio, backed by one of the UK's largest and most successful indie developers. 2020 looks set to be a break-out year for this talented team!
If developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences sounds interesting to you, then read on…
As the new Senior Game Programmer, you will be responsible for interpreting code requirements, as well as the studio's creative aspirations. You’ll mentor team members, deliver training, give feedback, set expectations, and delegate accordingly. When you join the studio, you'll also take on significant responsibilities for one of their titles in development, working directly under the Lead Coder.
The skill points you will need for this role:
- Excellent programming skills in C#
- Deep understanding of code architecture and coding best practices
- A master of Unity
- Proven history of working on published mobile titles
You'll receive bonus XP for the following:
- Experience leading a project or mentoring a team
- Workable knowledge of C++
- History of working with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (cocos2dx)
- Understanding of client/server communication and data serialisation
- Comprehension of 2D and 3D animation principles
- Capable with build scripts and systems (Jenkins, Team City, Gradle and Make)
- Skills in scripting languages (Lua and Python)
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, 3DSMax and Maya)
In addition to a CV, we would like to hear a little extra from you! Please include a few sentences explaining the following:
- What attracted you to this role?
- What unique quality do you believe you can offer?
Interested in learning more about this amazing studio?
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com