Senior Game Designer
Purple Lamp – Vienna, AT
Let the battle commence for…
Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
“Lovely visuals to a classic 3D platformer that has aged better than I thought it would. Excellent controls, imaginative and compelling level design, and plenty of belly laughs make this game worth going back to nearly 20 years later.” – PC invasion
Who was behind this, I hear you ask?
Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion for PC and console gaming. A love for community driven strategy, management, and light RPG games unite a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games they're working on.
You could soon be their next Senior Designer, taking the lead on their new IP. For your new role, you will have the opportunity to work remotely, initially, or relocate to their studio in the beautiful city of Vienna.
Working closely with the Game Director, you will be responsible for bringing the game vision to life.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Design game features
- Create and communicate user stories
- Prototype, balance, and iterate game mechanics
- Create, blockout, and script level designs
- Supervise other designers
- Run and improve design processes
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Previous experience in a lead/senior role
- Launched games as the primary designer or project leader
- A history of working in game development from concept to implementation, through to user testing and beyond
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine, Unity or other propriety engines
- Interest in Nintendo design philosophy
- Familiar with Scrum Framework
The studio will offer you in return:
- Opportunity to work on projects without extra red tape decision making
- Limited to no crunch
- Relocation support
- Competitive Salary with more benefits than I can list
Interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777