Senior Game Designer
Sumo Digital – Sheffield, UK
This studio builds ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers, including the likes of Microsoft, Sony, Apple, and Sega. Based across multiple locations in the UK, they have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and a spectacular future of AAA game development ahead of them that YOU can be a part of!
They are about to kick off the development of a brand new console title in their Sheffield studio, and are looking for a passionate Senior Game Designer to join their ranks on this exciting new IP. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Game Designer, specialising in weapon systems and combat mechanics, to play a pivotal role in developing the core experience of a AAA game from the ground up.
You'll have a bunch of exciting tasks in your day-to-day role, including:
- Taking ownership of features from inception through to game release
- Striving for quality and innovation while adhering to the core vision of the game
- Being the champion of quality for multiple feature designs whilst executing the vision of the stakeholder team
- Reviewing and adapting designs based on user testing and telemetry data
- Mentoring junior design team members
The skills and XP we require include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record of designing weapon and combat systems for high-profile shooter games
- A likable and approachable personality with a desire to motivate those around you
- A passionate love of gaming and a strong understanding of modern gaming trends (particularly in the PvP shooter genre)
- 5+ years in game development
- Professional experience and knowledge of UE4
If you’re interested in hearing more about this fabulous opening at one of Europe’s largest AAA developers, then get in touch with Simon Hope.
Emai firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777