Senior Game Designer (Remote)
Klang Games – Berlin, DE
Klang Games are on the lookout for a Senior Game Designer to join their team either in their studio in Berlin, or on a remote basis from anywhere within a two hour timezone!
Klang is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together. At the heart of Klang's Studio is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming. Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as the core values of the company. Klang want to continue building a nurturing and collaborative environment for employees with an evolving structure that adapts as they grow. This is a symbiotic of the game and the studio.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will be one of the drivers behind the defining designs for SEED. You will create and maintain systemic designs that create emergent gameplay and help implement them as part of a multi-disciplinary feature team, helping set the standards for the player experience in SEED.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will…
- Be embedded within a Feature team creating designs that communicate SEED’s tone and vision
- Create pitches for potential features that support the vision and spearhead their prototyping process
- Analyse complex design problems and drive finding feasible solutions for them
- As one of SEED’s visionary ambassadors, drive meaningful discussions around the game vision and evangelize it within the team, defining risks and exploring opportunities
- Review KPIs and the evolution and implementation of user research data to ensure an iterative design process based on player communities
- Create clear and concise design documents that fit into the game’s vision
- Create visual material, author parts of the design, and implement it
For this role, you'll need…
- 4+ years experience as a professional Game Designer
- To have had impact as a Game Designer early in the design process, working with stakeholders to define the overarching experience of the game
- Familiarity with the processes and development of MMOs
- A great understanding of designing emotions through gameplay and what incentivises player’s behaviour
- Experience in creating/designing systems, that create emergent gameplay
- A track record working in an agile development environment
- Great communication skills
- Passionate about gaming, preferably multiplayer, management, sandbox and simulation games
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in working on at least 1 live operated game
- Knowledge of Unity
- Experience of leading a team
Just some of the benefits of working with Klang include…
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Cafeteria serving free lunches daily
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Lawrie on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!