Senior Game Designer
Gameloft – Montreal, CA
How would you like to work for a leader in the development and publishing of mobile games?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer who will develop the game systems as well as the progression and retention mechanics for an upcoming free to play mobile game on a small-lean team.
Gameloft has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000, they create games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users.
Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Hasbro, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel and Ferrari.
At Gameloft Montreal, you'll be working with the world's best game developers. The studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
Your Main tasks and responsibilities
- You'll develop social mechanics and game modes to improve engagement and retention.
- You'll develop gameplay systems.
- You'll analyze metrics and propose adjustments to the game accordingly.
- You'll keep all project documents up to date and regularly update all aspects of the game to maintain the level of quality.
- You'll maintain a high level of communication and follow-up with the different departments.
- You'll take a leadership role and ensure excellent communication with those in charge of the technical design of the game (TGD), programming, etc.
- You'll assemble a team of designers according to the needs of the project.
- You'll have at least 5 years of professional experience in game design (gameplay, 3C, etc.).
- You'll have excellent knowledge of the games market on iOS / Android and Free to Play.
- You'll have at least one free to play title released.
- You'll have a college diploma among the following: computer science, multimedia, graphics, video games or equivalent.
- You'll have experience with prototyping tools (Flash, Unity, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.).
- You'll have good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
- You'll have knowledge of 3DSMax, Maya, Sketchup or other 3D design software.
Does this sound like the opportunity you have been waiting for? Please get in touch with Simon either through email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.