Senior Game Designer
Flavourworks – London, UK
It's time to immerse yourself in live-action video and make tactile choices through physical touch that shape a unique narrative, allowing each player to decide for themselves what they truly believe.
What is this, I hear you asking?
It's London based Flavourworks, the studio which was born out of a desire to create the most interactive video-based game experiences ever, and now they are looking for you to be their next Senior Game Designer.
This role will involve a mix of systems and narrative design – so you will be passionate about telling stories in games and also building perfect systems.
Flavourworks are big believers in understanding the detail of a project creates a clearer and more informed big picture of a project. To that end all members of the design team participate in both high and low level design. You'll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into tuning and implementation.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve:
Designing and implementing…
- High and low level flows to structure games and the narratives
- Fun, exciting mechanics that support the games’ stories and themes
- Interactions, using the studio's unique method and filmed footage
Working closely with the writing team to ensure…
- A compelling and coherent story, regardless of the path taken by the player
- Player choices are compelling with meaningful consequences
- The player can touch the world via our filmed interactions
Documenting and communicating…
- With the rest of the design team, giving feedback on others’ work, and internal and external projects.
- With the film crew, helping script supervisors, the art department etc. to ensure that they have the fullest understanding of all the little intricacies needed.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include…
- 3+ years of game design experience
- Full development cycle on console or PC
- Comfortable presenting game ideas and concepts to the development team and senior management
- A passionate gamer, fully up-to-date on current gaming trends and the direction of the industry
Bonus points awarded if you have any experience of working in film.
Interested in hearing more? Get in touch with me!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.