Senior Games Designer
Splash Damage – Kent, UK
As the new Senior Games Designer, you will be responsible for the game design of numerous critical features of a title, or the complete design of a companion product. You'll be driving end-to-end implementation across the team, helping to maintain and realise the shared vision by defining quality targets and validating them across the entire project. You will work to create a unified game experience and communicate the game vision across the team, ensuring alignment across all disciplines.
Splash Damage have a long history of creating fantastic titles, assisting with co-development on games such as Gears 5 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. If you're looking to work on AAA IP with a supportive and talented team, then this is the place to do it!
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role include:
- Industry experience in a senior position
- One shipped full development cycle AAA console or PC title, within the current generation, that featured a multiplayer component
- Experience in creating first or third person shooters
- Capable of prototyping gameplay mechanics using Unreal Engine 4, Unity, or similar
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc.)
- The ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines
- An understanding of systems, systemic design, emergent gameplay, and the place of procedural content generation in development
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience with scripting or programming languages
- An undergraduate degree in video game design, computer science, marketing, entertainment or a form of technical training
- Experience of being a developer during the live phase of a games as a service title, including using telemetry / metrics to inform design and content decisions
- Confident parsing the results of, and acting on, market research e.g. focus groups as well as qualitative and quantitative surveys
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for please get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777