Senior Game Designer
Ballistic Moon – Farnborough, UK
The Senior Game Designer at Ballistic Moon reports directly to the studio's Creative Director. This pivotal role’s scope in the studio will be broad and strategic. You will be responsible for setting, communicating, and delivering all aspects of game design.
Ballistic Moon is a new independent game studio, based in the South East of England. They are a small, passionate team of highly experienced developers, focused on creating exceptional and innovative games for next generation platforms. They are currently working with a AAA publisher in the early stages of pre-production for a major new project, as well as creating their own IP. They are searching for talented new members of their team to help them to realise their shared ambition.
Your day-to-day will involve the following:
- Help deliver a high-quality game
- Design fun experiences for players
- Be the go-to person for the implementation of content that stretches the capabilities of new and existing systems
- Be an advocate for the player experience
- Create or oversee all design work
- Create well written game design documentation where appropriate
- Work with Producers to ensure a realistic project scope
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- A thorough knowledge of all aspects of game development
- Can work effectively across multi-disciplined teams and ensure the design ambition is delivered
- Able to formulate conceptual proposals and backup with tangible mechanics to prove the concept
- Able to clearly articulate design concepts and implementation strategies across the development team
- Highly proficient in either UE4 or Unity; from creating prototypes to fully featured game content
- 3 + years game design experience required
- Shipped at least one project on console or PC
- Comfortable presenting game ideas and concepts to the development team and senior management
- A passionate gamer who is fully up-to-date on current gaming trends and the direction of the industry
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Considerable experience in UE4
- Programming or scripting experience preferred
- Has worked within an agile development methodology
- A content contributor in the indie gaming scene
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777