Senior Games Designer
Antimatter Games – Cornwall, UK
***Remote working available during COVID-19 pandemic***
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful studio located in the vibrant and artistic town of Falmouth, on the stunning Cornish Riviera. Antimatter is a studio that really values the work-life balance, and they want their team to enjoy and make the most of living in one of the most picturesque and beloved regions of the UK.
As the studio goes from strength-to-strength. they’re looking for an experienced Senior Games Designer to join their talented, diverse, and highly motivated team that has already delivered quality titles and is now working on their next hit.
As the Senior Games Designer, you will need to be comfortable working cross-discipline, supporting colleagues as you transform high level vision into design using your experience with Unreal Engine 4.
You’ll report to the Design Director, having a big impact on both design and how the studio’s games are experienced by the players.
Your duties and responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating cross-discipline to uphold and execute the vision of the game
- Communicating the game’s design to multi-discipline teams across the studio
- Providing support and mentoring junior members of the design team
- Presenting and delivering feedback to colleagues regarding any issues relating to design
- Estimating and ensuring the delivery of work in a timely manner to agreed schedules
The skills and XP you will need include…
- 3+ years experience in PC/console design roles, with appropriate credits on PC or console titles. Ideally FPS or action/adventure/stealth games
- Extensive experience devising successful design elements including, content, systems, and mechanics
- Solid knowledge of game design principles
- Strong communication skills
Bonus points if you have experience with JIRA/Agile processes.
Antimatter is a relaxed studio with a real family feel and a strong team ethic. If you're looking to be a part of a team that has AAA experience, recent graduates, and everything in between, coupled with a supportive atmosphere in a fantastic location, then you need to be getting in touch with me ASAP!
For more information contact Rahul by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.