Senior Game Designer
EA Romania – Bucharest, RO
EA Bucharest are searching for a Senior Game Designer to join them in Romania's capital. FIFA is the biggest console game in the world and its development is fuelled by multiple passionate teams, all working together to create amazing player experiences.
They are in the midst of adding a new team into the fray, one that is longer-term oriented and has a prominent R&D component embedded within it.
As part of FIFA, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It's going to work in support and evolution of the overall FIFA business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the FIFA of tomorrow.
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who take initial ideas and work them into features and experiences to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world.
As a Senior Designer, you'll help hold the vision and support other designers and other team members to create a great game. You will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You will report to a Game Design Director, involved at all stages from coming up with concepts, documenting all the details, supporting the team through execution and tuning the features to make for a great game experience.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with design leadership to help form the direction for the game area or game, and ensuring that designs follow the product vision
- Designing complex systems and tune them for specific goals
- Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high-quality results within constraints
- Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product
- Identifying problems and opportunities and ideate to cultivate interesting solutions
- Investigating and analysing to validate ideas and opportunities
- Creating designs that target specific product metrics and gamer motivations
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Minimum of 7 years professional development as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry.
- Expertise mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- A background in console/ AAA game development
- A track record working on designs from initial creation through to implementation.
- An understanding of business models, and how design and the business model work together
Want to learn more about this studio and opportunity?
Call Dan Hawkins on +441709 834 777 or email email@example.com