Lead Game Designer (Remote)
The Sand Box – St Julians, Malta
Sand Box are looking for a Lead Game Designer to join them in working on their innovative UGC virtual world title!
What happens when Gaming collides with Cryptocurrency? the answer is The Sandbox. The pioneering studio has created its own virtual world where players can build, own and monetize their own 3D gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain.
Creating the stepping stone to the future of gaming the studio is focused on building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse, where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and familiar brands such as Atari, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Shaun the Sheep, and more gaming partners.
As the Lead Game Designer, you will define and document the ecosystem rules and systems, in accordance with the specific constraints and values of Blockchain, UGC and Play to Earn. You'll be responsible for the design and specification of our client feature set, Game Client and Dashboard and tools feature set, Game Maker and VoxEdit.
You will also create and maintain documentation based on the studio's framework as well as organise and share produced documentation through a clear index based on the studio roadmap.
The role also has the potential to evolve and take on more responsibility and gravitate towards a leadership position.
You role and responsibilities will also include…
- Close collaboration with the Content Design and Level Design teams to ensure content is produced in accordance with the game's design
- Updating the Content Design and Level Design teams with the latest concepts and specifications
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 13+ years professional development in Game Design positions
- Credits on at least 2 shipped titles
- An ability to convey a concept from design to implementation
- A comfortability producing mockups, flows, illustrations to support concepts
- An in-depth understanding of complex ecosystems involving multiple products
- A strong knowledge of MMO economic design, UGC constraints and blockchain specificities
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Leadership potential and happy to pitch concepts to other team members
Bonus points if you any of the following…
- Knowledge of the Blockchain gaming industry and/or Cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Spanish language skills
If you want to be apart of the future of gaming get in touch with Rahul for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.