Heard of Star Citizen?
You’re in the games industry… Of course you have. You know the one. The crowd-funded, record shattering title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals. An ambitious and exciting project that’s grown exponentially to over 2,000,000 backers…
The company behind it all, Cloud Imperium Games, are now looking for a number of talented devs to get on board with this project and launch it to the stars! This is your chance to make your mark on one of the most eagerly anticipated titles around and show those 2,000,000 backers what they’ve been waiting for.
You’ll will work with the Cinematics and design team under direction of the Game Director and Lead Facial Animator on Facial animation related areas within Squadron 42
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
· Collaborate with Cinematic Director, Facial Animation Lead and Senior Animators on implementing facial animations within the game engine
· Create key frame animation as well as working with HMC data for in-game assets
· Ensure timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality bar
· Partners with designers, programmers and other departments involved
You may even get to do some travelling with this role and meet the teams across the globe. How cool is that?
Here are the skills you’ll need…
· 3+ years of professional experience in game development – in an Animator capacity
· Solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
· A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
· Expert knowledge with Maya and other equivalent software
· Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
· Experience with next generation AAA game engines
· An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
· High degree of self-motivation and initiative
Your application will really stand out from the crowd if you’ve got…
· Knowledge with Lumberyard/CryEngine
· Faceware experience
· Experience with rigging
· Python/Mel Scripting
· Strong interest in science fiction based themes
· Experience with Outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
So, we think we’ve covered the basics… Want to hear more?
Of course you do. To find out more info you just need to drop firstname.lastname@example.org a line, or give us a call on 01709 834777.