Senior Environment Artist
Deep Silver Dambuster – Nottingham, UK
Fancy being a part of a collaborative environment where everyone in the studio has a voice? Would you love to work for an awesome AAA studio in the heart of Nottingham? You didn't hear it from us, but they even have their own motion capture studio and scanning rigs!
This exciting opportunity within Dambuster Studios' highly talented art department is for a skilled Senior Environment Artist…does that sound like you? You'll be joining the team working on the next game in the hugely successful Dead Island series. If you have a passion for pushing the boundaries within 3D art, and have experience using industry standard packages such as 3DS Max, Photoshop, and ZBrush, then please get in touch!
In this role, you'll also enjoy some great benefits such as gym membership, flexible working, snacks, drinks, and loads of social events with the team.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Create outstanding photorealistic environments which respect the game engine limitations
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
- Work as part of a team to reach a single goal
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists and designers and be confident voicing your ideas
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role include:
- A keen eye for detail and realism
- Capable with the creation of high-poly assets and with their conversion to an in-game resolution
- A clear understanding of the normal mapping process
- A strong understanding of UV layout and how to get the best of your textures
- Perspective for the overall scene and for the bigger picture of your current tasks
The below would earn you valuable BONUS POINTS!
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and associated toolset
- Traditional painting and drawing skills
Interested in learning more about this studio or the role?
Get in touch with me for a confidential chat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777