Senior Environment Artist (Mobile)
Mediatonic – London, UK
How do you fancy joining a 150-strong team who are working on a range of cross platform AAA titles? Mediatonic have gone from strength to strength, and their recent restructuring under the Tonic Games Group means the future has never been brighter here!
You'll be based in the heart of the UK's capital city; a stones throw from Big Ben, Westminster, The Shard, and all of the other iconic London landmarks. You could take a stroll to see The Queen at Buckingham Palace on your lunch break, or enjoy a picnic in Covent Garden. The choice is yours! You're bound to be pretty chilled at your new company as you enjoy regular team outings, game jams, board game nights, and even an on-site chef.
As the Senior Environment Artist, you will be responsible for the style and visual quality of their upcoming games. You will be a master of the creative process, with a good head for design, whilst working closely with Production's needs and timelines. You'll ensure the right tasks are tackled in the right order. This is a great opportunity to jump in and get involved with a game from the very beginning, watching the project and junior members of the team flourish under your guidance.
Your day-to-day will include tasks such as:
- Produce the art assets that help the Art Leads, Creative Director, and Studio Art Director to realise their vision
- Ensure your pre-production drawings, block-outs/grey-boxing, and in-game assets follow the art direction and are technically prepared for the transition into game
- Adapt styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects
- Create and quality assure that in-game assets adhere to technical briefs
- Track your time and report your progress/risks/issues daily, or at the point of identification
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Shipped at least one title, having worked on it from concept to retail
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills, demonstrated in your portfolio
- Experience with Maya, Unity, and sculpting tools.
- Skills in ZBrush and/or Mudbox are preferred, but not essential
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A passion for playing and making games
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777