Senior Environment Artist
Splash Damage – London, UK
Splash Damage are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join their growing teams of talented developers, helping them to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
Splash Damage are dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. They've forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and they are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
They trust their Senior Environment Artists to build awe inspiring worlds that play and perform well with high-quality assets that are delivered on time and within the technical specifications required for the game to be performant.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating standalone and modular Environment assets varying in scale and complexity
- Modelling assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials
- Working with the Lead Environment Artist to create high quality environments in keeping with the project's visual direction
- Producing work within performance specifications under strict deadlines
- Reviewing and implementing your work using the game editor
- Troubleshooting asset errors and action creative feedback
- Collaborating with other sub-disciplines such as Level Design, Lighting, VFX and Tech Art
- Coaching and mentoring junior level staff through knowledge sharing
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Environment work
- A strong understanding of shape, form and composition
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation
- Expertise with PBR workflows
- Proficiency with industry standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Good communication skillset
- An intuition for working well within a team
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills
- Set dressing and beautification pass experience
Splash Damage's efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, they were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
If you're interested, get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 1709 834777.