Senior Environment Artist (Location Options)
Airship Interactive – Lytham, UK
***This role can be worked from either their Lytham or Bucharest studio***
Airship Interactive are always trying to push the quality bar, and as Senior Environment Artist, you will help create stunning 3D worlds for various next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of modelling, texturing, and lighting game environments.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in their fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an excellent understanding of 3D modelling techniques and general pipelines
- 4+ years of professional development as an Environment Artist
- Advanced, In-depth knowledge of industry-standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modelling, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop for texturing.
- Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solving problems and delivering on schedule
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skillset
You'll also need skills and understanding of…
- Modular approaches in-game environment production
- PBR workflow in texturing and how to author materials
- Shader functionality and photogrammetry
- Lighting game environments and composition
- Game engines (preferably Unreal engine)
- Limitations in real-time game asset creation
- Colour theory and composition
Bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of procedural approaches in world-building
- Traditional drawing and sculpting background
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating high fidelity game environments both realistic and stylised whilst assisting Junior Artists to push the quality bar and maintaining a consistent quality trough out of the project
- Lighting and composition of entire environments and troubleshooting
- Authoring materials that are light on resources and high in performance
- Assisting Leads and Art Directors on planning and scheduling
- An active involvement in feedback loops
- Supporting and mentoring other artists who are less experienced and require more direction
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact Liam at email@example.com or call 01709834777 now!