Senior Environment Artist
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, UK
Playground Games are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Environment Artist to join them on their development of Fable. They’ll be responsible for the creation of assets and architecture to help realise the game’s vision.
As an important member of the team, you’ll be responsible for creating consistently high quality environment art and raising the bar for content in the game. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
You’ll have a strong portfolio, demonstrating your work with attention to detail and developed skills in 3D software such as 3DS Max and Photoshop.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An in-depth knowledge of relevant software packages
- Expertise with PBR techniques and materials
- A background working with game engines and an ability to implement your 3D work into the engine
- A comprehensive understanding of the use of real world reference with the ability to work from concept
- Expertise with photogrammetry is an advantage
- Portfolio pieces showing high-quality environments and props, attention to detail and developed skills in 3D software such as 3DS Max and Photoshop
- Experience of working on published titles, ideally AAA
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating low and high poly assets for architecture and props, optimized for real-time engines
- Collaboration with your Lead and stakeholders other to create the highest possible visual fidelity that adheres to gameplay restrictions & needs
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Jasmin for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.