Senior Environment Artist
nDreams – Farnborough, United Kingdom
Are you an experienced Senior Environment Artist looking to build amazing new worlds? nDreams are searching for a talented Artist to become a key part of their growing VR studio. In this role you’ll be responsible for creating believable and coherent game worlds and inspiring the people around you to ensure the studio is delivering incredible virtual reality games and experiences. As a Senior Environment Artist, you'll need to be demonstrably experienced in creating cohesive and believable worlds across different styles and multiple shipped products.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating remarkable in-game environments, interpreting the concept and style in innovative and creative ways and delivering these worlds in a quality final product
- Collaborating closely with level designers to evangelise worlds that are built from the outset to fuse great creative and design, in order to deliver outstanding creative gameplay
- Effectively compose lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more, to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote the player. Work closely with other disciplines (VFX, audio, character etc.) to bring these to life in a holistic way.
- Through strong execution, demonstrate the potential for strong environment art, in order to inspire both the environment team and members of the wider studio
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 4 years+ professional development in similar roles
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- A self-driven and autonomous mentality with the proven ability to interpret and translate art direction consistently
- A developed eye and skillset for composition, lighting, form and colour
- Creative and efficient knowledge in the use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.)
- An ability to utilise a wide array of techniques in varied ways for 3D asset creation
- A team player mindset with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude.
- An ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality
- Strong illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus when integrated into the world building process. If not, experience working closely with in-house concept teams to evolve a coherent world
nDreams are an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Their new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and they are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
After the launched of their latest title Phantom: Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality in 2020, nDreams couldn’t be more proud of what the team have achieved. Once you’ve seen what they're up to next, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Jasmin for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.