Senior Environment Artist
BioWare – Edmunton, Canada
BioWare are searching for a Senior Environment Artist to join their talented and innovative team in Edmonton, Canada!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with artists and designers to build some of the most compelling, immersive worlds in the industry
- Improving level layouts throughout all phases of production
- Setting the tone for art direction through visual prototypes
- Leading change to address workflow challenges and technical difficulties
- Reporting to the Director of Art & Animation
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 4+ years of professional development in the industry
- Expertise in 3D modelling (organic and hard surface)
- A background in modelling and creating textures, materials for modular environments, and props
- Skillsets in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer, Photoshop
- A track record world-building with commercial game engines
- Familiarity with PBR
- An understanding of world-building tools such as World Machine
- Knowledge of photogrammetry
BioWare's mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire their players to become the hero of the story. Their teams inspire creativity, using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine, working with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. BioWare are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare's Edmonton studio is located downtown in the Epcor Tower, making it convenient to get to work by public transit or vehicle. Inside the office, staff has access to an onsite gym. Every morning, a free breakfast is served, and when they're not making games, there are plenty of opportunities to play them. Staff also participate in many social events including ski trips, tea times, dragon boating, football, and board game nights.
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Jasmin Ali on 01709 834777 or email email@example.com