Senior Engine/Tools Programmer (Remote options)
Nequinox Studios – Manchester, United Kingdom
***hybrid working options available***
Nequinox Studios are a Manchester based Co-Dev studio who are about to begin working on their own IP and are looking to bring in a Senior Engine / Tools Programmer to work on an unannounced AAA title alongside some of the gaming industry's most established names.
This is a studio on an upward trajectory, since we last supported them in their recruitment process they have nearly tripled in head-count, and will hopefully be announcing their 4th new partner studio in the near future, having made new hires specifically to begin creating their own game.
This is a role that should scream out to someone who feels overlooked, un-fulfilled or has hit a progression deadlock. The studio is made up of some heavyweights of the games industry in the UK and will be a development hub in the coming years.
As their Senior Engine Tools Programmer you will be joining a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology and exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Series X, Switch and PC.
You will take ownership and responsibility for developing features, work with the wider team on planning and delivery and share a passion for games. They pride themselves on their technical excellence but they're also a creative bunch, actively generating ideas and bringing their collective skills, experiences and storytelling to the creative process.
You will have extensive knowledge of engines, content creation tools and pipelines, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and be excited to provide mentoring and support to the rest of your team to create a cohesive code base. You'll be resourceful, have excellent problem-solving and communication skills and the drive to adapt to the needs of the game, systems, algorithms and challenges.
As a Senior Engine Tools Programmer you will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related Technical Degree or equivalent and have significant experience making video games.
You'll also need to have skills and experience in…
- The creation of supporting tools to make game development efficient, from build tools to metrics measurement and feedback
- Game Engine pipelines, systems and system interconnectivity
- C++ Programming
- Maths and its practical application
- Picking up new algorithms and languages easily
- Graphics, including physics/collision/AI/data management
- Being a team player with a cross-discipline understanding
- Clearly documenting and explaining systems to other disciplines
- Profiling and optimising systems
- Performing code reviews
- Data conditioning, export, compression, optimisation and transport
- Asset conversion pipelines
- Data optimisation
- Level streaming
Bonus points if you have experience with…
- C#, Python, UE4, Powershell
- Programming for PS5 / Xbox Series X / Nintendo Switch
- Custom engine creation
To find out more about the role, the studio and it's culture contact Dave for a confidential chat
email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.