Our client is a successful games studio based in France, who have developed a handful of exciting games ranging from RPGs to FPSs. They have a varied team with over 80 developers from 10 different nationalities; giving their games an international flavour and a sense of individuality!
They are looking for a R&D Programmer who, as part of the engine programming team, will take part in the development and maintenance of the game engine and in particular in the following areas:
- Take in charge simultaneous versions on different platforms.
- Maintenance and respect constraints of several target platforms.
- Optimize the flow of real time data and edition.
- Maintain and optimize part of target platforms in various fields: rendering, audio, scene management, image processing, production flow, network, etc.
- Design and develop the tools required by production.
- Excellent knowledge of the architecture of CPU, GPU, memory caches, etc.
- Excellent understanding of GPUs and how they work.
- Thorough understanding of DirectX SDK 11 API and internals. DirectX 12 would be a plus.
- Mastery of versioning tools (such as Perforce).
- Having personally taken part in the implementation of optimized code for one or more platforms.
- Having personally used DirectX in a professional setting.
Along with this my client offer a fantastic benefits package which includes lunch vouchers, holiday vouchers, relocation services, free cake (not a lie) and much more!
For more information about this excellent role contact Jordan on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com