Senior DevOps and Platform Engineer (Hybrid Options)
Antstream Arcade – London, UK
Antstream Arcade are currently on the lookout for a Senior DevOps / Platform Engineer to join their team, to ensure that their cloud infrastructure provides a first class, highly secure service and provide technical leadership across architecture, design, implementation, and support.
They're a London based studio that has created the world's largest free-to-play platform providing access to over 3000 officially licenced retro and classic games for PC, Mobile and Console – almost like Netflix for games. Players can stream games from anywhere in the world and compete, engage in tournaments, unique challenges as well as full gameplay.
Backed by Tencent and having partnered with some of the biggest names around including Disney, Warner Media, LucasArts and Bandai Namco, you just know that they are going to be big!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Ensuring that infrastructure is well maintained and highly secure
- Inspiring the development team to be highly productive and motivated
- Development of backend services and API’s
- Providing updates, enhancements and new features to the backend services platform
- Supporting deployed services and infrastructure
- Evangelising best practices through effective consultation with your peers
- Working with 3rd party vendors and continually review the latest technologies to help the company stay ahead of the game
- Engaging with the wider teams to automate and improve tools and processes
- Writing, reviewing and taking responsibility for technical documentation
The skills and experience you'll need…
- High level proficiency in developing for cloud platforms, building micro services, and delivering automation solutions
- 5+ years of professional development programming within the games industry – a significant portion of this will be delivering solutions into the cloud (PaaS/IaaS)
- Expertise in developing for operational and non-functional concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, scale, availability and resilience, security considerations)
- Demonstrable skillset in web microarchitecture and key technologies (Restful API’s/JSON, distributed design)
- A background supporting and delivering solutions into a major cloud provider (prefer Azure)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (ideally including Jenkins)
- Strong comprehension of systems management solutions and their orchestration – eg. Puppet, Chef & Terraform
- Good database skillset including SQL and NOSQL
- Strong knowledge of Git source control
- Linux/bash command line
Bonus points if you have…
- Other programming language experience such as JAVA, Python, PHP
- A background in test driven development and broader testing and QA concerns
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills, ideally having fulfilled leadership or mentorship duties.
- A familiarity with frontend frameworks and libraries (React, etc.)
- Experience of writing games or backend game services
- Data analysis/design skills
Conveniently based only 5 minute walk from London Bridge Station, they offer hybrid working with 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
If this sounds of interest or you would like to chat about opportunities get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777