Senior Concept Artist
Splash Damage – London, UK
With their fantastic AAA Projects forever pushing their studio's growth, Splash Damage is seeking a new Senior Concept Artist to come and join the SD Family.
Working closely alongside both their Art Directors and Lead Artists, you will bring creative passion, vision, and inspiration to help drive the quality of their current and upcoming titles.
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. They’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating with the project’s developers
- Creating inspiring designs ranging from realistic to sci-fi
- Developing initial speed sketches, through to product-defining visuals
- Producing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion
- Helping lead, mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the concept team
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Having shipped multiple titles, you are well embedded within the video games industry.
- A thorough understanding of the games development pipeline
- An extensive background in design and illustration
- A comprehensive understanding of Art fundamentals such as colour theory, composition, shape language, lighting, form + function and perspective
- Burning passion for excellence and the video games medium
- Fluency in Photoshop and a strong capacity to learn new tools
Preferred Skills and Experience…
- Knowledge of industrial, sci-fi and mechanical design principles and their application to fictional characters, vehicles, machines, weapons etc
- Proficiency in constructing credible and realistic mechanical designs
- The ability to match and define a variety of art styles with minimal supervision from management staff
- Strong anatomical knowledge of character design; unique and interesting characters in a range of styles
- Architectural familiarity – strong understanding of the layout, proportions and construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Experienced in 3D packages
- Strong traditional artistic abilities
Just some of the benefits of working with Splash Damage include…
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family,
- Mental health support from their trained Mental Health First Aiders or via their third-party counselling service
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and their annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Group life assurance scheme
Their efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, they were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
If this role sounds interesting, get in touch with me email@example.com or contact me on +44 (0) 1709 834777