Senior Cinematic Artist (Hybrid Options)
Antimatter Games – Cornwall, UK
Are you an experienced Cinematic Artist? Do you see yourself as a contributor, occasionally a mentor, a strong communicator and Unreal Engine whizz? Do you want to work next to the ocean with passionate developers on projects that will challenge your creativity, or remotely from anywhere you like? Then we would like to hear from you!
In this role, you'll work closely with Animators, Artists and Programmers to develop and share a vision for Cinematics on Antimatter's upcoming titles.
As A Senior Cinematic Artist, you will…
- Work with Production and leadership to create and manage budgets for the department
- Act as hiring manager for future hires in the Cinematics Team
- Collaborate with Production in the planning and production tasks relating to all aspects of the department, including Jira agile workflows
- Be the point person for the Cinematic Department in the studio
- Manage, support, mentor, and develop the team members in your department
- Act as the key driver and agent of change to improve processes, prototype new tools, example levels and workflows in your department
- Work close with members of your team and contribute to their development, helping with mentoring
- Understand the high-level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into workflows that can be used by others to build cinematics and video content for the game
- Identify and manage risks within the schedule with Production
- Create documentation related to your discipline, for support and training
- Help set the benchmark to ensure consistency of tone and style is depicted across all cinematic content
- Work on development of all preproduction materials pertaining to cinematics in a narrative first person game
- Storyboard, Block scenes, support with script writing, and create stripboards and blockouts
- Direct and produce of motion capture sessions
- Implement specialist VFX, SFX, and 3D assets to sequences
- Create bespoke motion graphics content to use within the game. These include loading screens, idents and content in game within cinematics.
For this role, you'll need…
- To be a positive, outgoing communicator and excellent collaborator
- Credits on one commercially released game title within a cinematics role
- Comfortability working cross-discipline
- A good track record of delivering high quality cinematic projects on time
- To be organised, calm, and creatively passionate
- Solid understanding of JIRA, Wwise and Unreal Engine.
- Cinematic experience in single player or first person games a bonus
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact Jordan at email@example.com to register your interest or call us on +44 (0)1709 834 777 for a friendly chat!