Senior Character Rigger
Guerrilla Games – Amsterdam, NL
Guerrilla Games are looking for an ambitious individual with a proven track record in the rigging and skinning of characters to join our Technical Animation Team as a Senior Character Rigger. As the successful candidate, you will collaborate with Art, Design, and Animation teams to help meet the aesthetic and in-game requirements while working within technological specifications. You will assume responsibility for the skinning and rigging of characters, achieving the delicate balance between the complexity and the usability of the rig is an important part of your day-to-day tasks.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Rigging and skinning a wide variety of characters using existing tools, and driving the development of new tools to aid and improve runtime deformations
- Helping ensure that art and animation quality remains uncompromised by limitations of technical processes
- Defining workflows and pipelines in consultation with your colleagues, and developing and improving in-house tools as needed while remaining aware of the impact of your decisions on other disciplines
- Researching and developing new techniques, approaches and solutions as required
- Collaboration within the Technical Animation team to define processes and tools that help improve the overall quality of our skinned characters in the most efficient way possible
- Working closely with the Animation, Modelling and Outsourcing teams to turn their art assets into runtime assets
- Liaison with the Engineering team to develop tools and workflow, and to troubleshoot runtime issues
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Over five years of professional development, with more than one AAA title shipped or an equivalent amount of experience from a related industry
- A background working as or with animators to ensure the best possible rigs
- A firm grasp of anatomy and procedural rigging
- Excellent skillset in Maya
- Extensive knowledge of vector math
- Proficiency with scripting languages Python (first), Maya Python API (second)
- A demo-reel that exhibits a wide selection of character rigs, from realistic human, to animals, to highly stylised cartoon characters
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Jasmin at email@example.com or call +441709 834777 now!