Senior Character Artist Modeller (Global Remote)
Gala Games – San Francisco, US
Gala Games are looking for an experienced Senior Character Artist Modeller to help bring the world of Mirandus to life.
Working at Gala Games, you’ll think and make things that are new and exciting. Through your talents and efforts, you will improve the lives of gamers in the real world.
Their values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world.
They are breaking down barriers to bring their gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value. At Gala Games, they work remotely and flexibly, they like each other, and they love getting things done.
As a Senior Character Artist Modeller, you will…
- Create, optimise and maintain in-game character and animations pipelines and tools
- Develop and manage all character rigs
- Collaborate with Art, Animation, Engineering, and Design teams to integrate animation features
- Strong understanding of runtime animation systems such as state machines, IK, animation layering, motion matching.
- Experience with Python scripting
- Driven to solve technical challenges across many aspects of game development
For this role, you'll need…
- Minimum 5 years of experience in animation within the gaming industry
- Expert proficiency in Maya animation workflows
Bonus points if you have…
- Unity experience a big plus
- MMO experience a big plus
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude
- Experience debugging export pipelines from DCC to engine
- Understanding of memory, content budgets, frame, and bone count limits
- Familiarity with PySide/Qt, C++, C#, Lua
Employee Benefits include…
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (US Based Employees)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development Stipend
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 now or email email@example.com now!