Senior Backend Engineer
As the new Senior Backend Engineer for an award winning studio responsible for one of the most loved MMO's of all time you will be joining a small team in the early stages of it's development, giving you a unique chance to get in on the ground floor and make a large impact on a pioneering and ambitious project.
You'll be working on distributed systems and infrastructure at MMO scale and apply the principles of Domain Driven Design, Event Driven Architecture, and DevSecOps throughout the studio's systems.
Your day to day tasks will include…
- Proactive role in the design & development of backend systems & infrastructure.
- Evaluating best practises, standards & technology choices.
- Ensuring the stability & scalability of backend systems.
- Collaboration with colleagues of various disciplines on shared tasks.
The Skills and XP you'll need for this role…
- Experience developing & maintaining distributed systems at a large scale.
- Highly Proficient at programming backend systems in a relevant language such as Go, Java, or Python.
- Proficient at building secure, highly available, and scalable cloud infrastructure.
Bonus points if you can bring the following to the table…
- A strong focus on continuous delivery and code quality.
- Experience designing & building event driven architectures (DDD, async communication, event sourcing, CQRS).
- Have written production backend systems using Go.
- Experience using the core AWS services (EC2, VPC, Route53, IAM) with IaC tools (Terraform, Cloud Formation).
- Experience using container technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes).
The perks you'll enjoy…
A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
Employer contributory pension plan
Bonus scheme based on company performance
Private medical & dental
Annual transportation grant
Annual sports grant
Free lunches, drinks & snacks
Frequent team events
Sounds good right? To become a part of a multicultural & international work environment that encourages growth, creativity & innovation contact our programming team.
firstname.lastname@example.org & +44 (0)1709 834777.