Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
Supermassive are carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry, and are looking for a Senior Animator to join them on their journey!
As the Senior Animator, you'll be responsible for creating and editing key-frame animation and editing mocap data for in-game characters and sequences; providing high-quality content for one of the studio's games currently under production.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Following an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- Interpreting storyboards and take them through to final animation
- Editing mocap data
- Creating and iterating key-frame animation
- Taking ownership of larger tasks and see them through to completion
- Staging and blocking-out, using your eye for character posing
- Collaborating with other disciplines, such as environment, character, lighting, VFX, graphics programmers, and level designers to create a AAA game experience
The skills and experience you'll need to succeed…
- 4+ years professional development in animation roles
- A track record with the inclusion of at least one AAA game
- Expertise with both Key-frame and mocap animation
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc)
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in hand key creature animation
- first-person game specialisation
Do you love working with high-end VR or AAA titles? Do you love the feeling you get knowing you've been part of a hit game? Supermassive Games are a large and very successful AAA developer, based in one of the UK's largest game development hubs.
They already have a catalogue of blockbuster and chart-topping titles in their arsenal, and they're looking to build on that strong foundation. This includes the very popular Until Dawn, and a number of other cinematically beautiful narrative-driven games.
If this sounds like the perfect position, then we'd love to hear from you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777