Senior or Mid Level Animator
Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
Do you love working with high-end VR or AAA titles? Do you love the feeling you get knowing you've been part of a hit game? Supermassive are carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry, and are looking for a Senior or mid-level Animator to join them on their journey!
Supermassive Games are a large and very successful AAA developer, based in one of the UK's largest game development hubs. They already have a catalogue of blockbuster and chart-topping titles in their arsenal, and they're looking to build on that strong foundation. This includes the very popular Until Dawn, and a number of other cinematically beautiful narrative-driven games. I'm looking for a highly talented and experienced Animator to play a key role within this BAFTA-winning developer.
As the Senior Animator, you'll be responsible for creating and editing key-frame animation and editing mocap data for in-game characters and sequences; providing high-quality content for one of the studio's games currently under production.
Your day-to-day will involve tasks such as:
- Follow an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- Interpret storyboards and take them through to final animation
- Edit mocap data
- Create and iterate key-frame animation
- Take ownership of larger tasks and see them through to completion
- Stage and block-out, using your eye for character posing
- Collaborate with other disciplines, such as environment, character, lighting, VFX, graphics programmers, and level designers to create a AAA game experience
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 4+ years experience as an animator
- Experience of working on at least one AAA game
- Experience with both Key-frame and mocap animation
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc)
You'll earn BONUS POINTS if you have the following:
- Experience in hand key creature animation
- A history of having worked on a first-person game
If this sounds like the perfect position, then I'd love to hear from you!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777