nDreams – Farnborough, UK
nDreams are on the lookout for a Senior Animator to join their team! They're one of the world’s largest VR developers and publishers, with recent titles including the multi-award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops, Far Cry: Dive into Insanity (a location-based VR collaboration with Ubisoft), and trailblazing PS VR action adventure ‘Fracked’. With multiple other games in development they can’t wait to show you what else they're up to.
The studio encourages an open and diverse culture, where you’re empowered to explore ideas and put your own stamp on projects. They also offer some great perks, including flexible hours, duvet days, and health insurance.
As a Senior Animator at nDreams, you'll work alongside the Principal Animator and Art Director to create dynamic and believable animations for games that vary in art approach from realistic to highly stylised. nDreams are at the forefront of VR and work with current and next generation VR headsets.
You’ll take an active interest in the playability and responsiveness of animation in projects that use both hand keyed traditional animation and those using in-house mocap.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating high-quality, hand-keyed animation and working with motion capture data from its conception to gameplay implementation
- Leading a team of animators to deliver cohesive, dynamic, and believable animations for all manner of fantastic creatures and bi-peds
- Effectively communicating and illustrating animation intentions to the art director
- Prioritising work, identifying and managing risk, organising the workload of both yourself and those in your team and communicating the above to the production team
- Sharing your expertise and mentoring other animators on your team, helping them grow
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Excellent hand-key animation skillset with a working knowledge of Motion Capture pipelines and a practical understanding of animation principles
- A strong portfolio of animation in a variety of styles, highlighting timing, spacing, weight and believability
- Expertise animating in Maya
- Real-time engine specialisation, ideally in Unreal, with a animation background in Sequencer, knowledge of blueprints
- At least 3 years’ professional development in the games industry, preferably with several published products within the Console, PC, VR or Mobile space
- A history of motion planning and the creation of locomotion animation sets
- An ability to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work
- An ability to mentor and guide other animators
- Great time management skillset with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule
Interested? Want to know more?
Don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777