Senior AI Programmer
Los Angeles, US
AI breathes life into the game. It allows the player to escape the physical world around them and immerse themselves in the unfolding digital narrative. As a Senior AI Engineer, you will help build this world.
Based in LA, unfortunately I can’t reveal much about this particular client yet. This developer is a global superpower in the world of video games. Like a lot of projects in the games industry, this role is steeped in mystery. I wish I could tell you because the IPs that you will be working on are amazing!
As their new Senior AI Programmer, you will be responsible for taking new AI features from cradle to grave, ultimately controlling the behaviour of some of the most iconic NPCs.
Your experience with C++ and AI will be of extreme importance to this project and the studio. As well as the ability to work closely with designers and animators.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experienced with C++
- Excellent awareness of AI specific paradigms and algorithms
- Able to tune existing AI systems with minimal assistance
- Can understand and utilise multi-threading primitives
- Excellent 3D maths skills
- Capable and experienced with Unreal Engine 4
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Ensure delivery of high-quality AI systems
- Prioritise, plan, and manage your own work and set yourself achievable targets
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to integrate AI with other systems
- Mentor more junior members of the AI programming team and communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help
- You will also infrequently be required to assist other engineering teams
Do you fancy a leap of faith?
Want to learn more about this role or the studio in question?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777