Senior 3D Artist (Remote)
Variable State – London, UK
***This role can be worked fully remotely from anywhere in the UK***
Variable state are looking for a talented Senior 3D Artist to join the team. Their small, successful studio is growing at an award-winning indie games studio based in the UK. ‘Virginia’ is the studio's debut game, released in 2016; the game was nominated for multiple awards, including 4 Independent Games Festival awards and 3 BAFTA awards.
If you’re an experienced video games Artist who likes to work in an open and transparent environment (on awesome games), this could be the role for you.
They’re looking for an artist who can hit the ground running and can work self sufficiently.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaboration with the art director and other art leads to help define the look and layout of our environments, vehicles, and props
- Working from concept art and capturing the essence of those designs, as well as adding finer detail in keeping with the concept piece
- Creating rich organic environments as well as complex architectural structures and props
- Modelling guns, props and vehicles in a sci-fi style
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An openness to feedback and eager to seek out feedback when needed, open to change, and keen to iterate on work
- Credits on at least one shipped title or other relevant industry experience
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a solid grasp of 3D modelling and design
- A collection of work that shows a selection of complete game ready models
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Photoshop, and other equivalent software, plus a keenness to learn more
- A working understanding of Unreal 4 and the art pipeline to get from initial concept to a game ready asset
- An ability to work collaboratively, open to direction and able to embrace change.
- A fluency in English
Interested? Want to know more? Get in touch with Liam at Aardvark Swift on 01709 834 777 or email@example.com