Vancouver, CA (Locations Worldwide)
How do you fancy being a critical element of the game creation process for one of the world's largest game publishers?
As the Rendering Engineer, you will be involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms. You'll work with designers, artists, and other engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques
- Write technical design specifications
- Design, maintain, implement, test, and debug code, pipelines. and other rendering-related sub-components/packages
- Develop core rendering tools, features, and engine components to required coding standards
- Profile and optimise rendering, lighting, and shading components of a game engine
- Create reusable rendering technologies
You’ll already be familiar with this publisher's titles, but maybe you don’t know how committed they are to creating games for every platform. Social, mobile, and console, this publisher is giving gamers anywhere, and at any time, access to their favourite titles.
What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius and work on multiple projects.
Some of the skills and XP you'll need:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques
- Detailed knowledge of graphics hardware
- Strong maths skills (including trigonometry, calculus, and linear algebra)
- Background in rendering with experience of either shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects or tool development
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent
- Capable with object-oriented design and implementation
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Ability to test, debug, and extend code from other software engineers
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience of shipping at least one title on recent console/PC games
- Working knowledge of working with assembler (Intel, PPC), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua), and C#
- Experience of graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming
- Expertise in a number of these fields:
– Vertex and pixel shaders (including HLSL and FX)
– Terrain or environment rendering
– Advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development, and game engine architecture
- Working knowledge of DX11 would be a significant plus
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777