Realtime Technical Lead
Imagination Ltd – London or Coventry, UK
As the Technical Lead you will work on cutting edge real-time software alongside the Senior Management team to ensure technical operational efficiency, implement department technical strategy and stimulate and facilitate growth ensure creative output is at the highest standard enabled by technology.
You will provide technical management and insight as well as driving business change to ensure Imagination adapts to its future needs.
You will help guide and mentor the team, plan resourcing needs, future proof and source freelance staff when required, ensuring consistency in all projects, taking overall responsibility for the quality and consistency of delivery.
Your responsibilities as Technical Lead…
- Design and build software for immersive Realtime experiences
- Balance technical management and project development
- Prototype and build cutting edge activations in AR & VR
- Work on prototypes to demonstrate new capabilities to the accounts team and our clients
- Collaborate with the development team on new installations
- Ensure the correct balance of internal and external capabilities, source and develop 3rd party suppliers and supplier networks
- Ensure software is designed for re-use as well as productization when commercially viable
- Risk assessment related to milestone deliveries
- Strong advocate of creative articulation into functional requirements
- Facilitate collaboration between creative and tech
- Creating technical specs, document projects and act as the escalation point of Realtime technical delivery
With track record of ideas and innovation and offices in 13 locations globally, Imagination is one of Europe’s leading independent creative agencies producing award winning experiences and events for brands throughout the world.
Their clients include the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, Major League Baseball, Visa, Shell, Ford, Rolls Royce, Mastercard, Canon, Ikea, NFL, Harvey Nichols. Harrods and most recently, Epic Games.
Imagination develops magnetic integrated and immersive experiences, which allow consumers and media to engage willingly with brands in a context that is relevant and timely.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- A broad technical knowledge and solid foundation in fundamental building blocks of code
- Excellent understanding of realtime workflows and pipelines
- Experienced at managing and leading developers
- Previously managed third party technical suppliers
- Unity & / or Unreal Engine 4 experience with examples of shipped software
- Games industry or agency experience; used to quality software creation
- Experience with VR, AR and/or MR development
- Understanding of source control including GIT and Perforce
- Worked with JIRA or other change management software
- Experience estimating the dev time needed on a project and allocation of resources
Bonus points if you have…
- Created multiplayer experiences or games with cooperative game networking
- Some C++ /C# programming ability and the desire to learn more
- Software ‘installation’ experience
If you're interested and would like to know more about the role or company please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0)1709834777 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org