Prototype Game Maker
Fancy joining one of the UK's most prolific and secure, independent game developers? You'll be joining a hugely experienced and successful team who have worked on projects for the likes of Microsoft, SEGA, Sony and Disney.
I'm looking for someone with a few years background in developing small games, maybe in indie or mobile, who would be able to use that knowledge to help bring the next great games to life as a prototype games maker!
You'll be working within the studio concept team, developing new ideas for future projects in this unique and dynamic role at the heart of the studios future direction. It's not just new IP though, you'll also get to make your mark by creating prototype concepts for established AAA projects!
The roles's based in what is in our opinion the finest city in the world. Sheffield is the new home of the National Video Games Museum & a quickly growing gamedev culture, hosts numerous games industry meet ups every year & is only a stones throw away from the beautiful Peak District.
In your new role you will:
- Work within a small incubation team to deliver playable prototypes and proof-of-concepts to ultimately go into full development.
- Work closely with the rest of the Concept Team to develop new IP and evolve existing IP.
- Work with key external partners to create visionary product concepts.
- Rapidly turnaround (in engine) new concepts to use for various demonstration purposes.
- Iterate and improve written concepts through in-engine play tests.
- Understand and overcome technical constraints to demonstrate key gameplay USPs.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have at least 3 years industry experience and shipped one commercially successful game.
- Demonstrate ability to rapidly prototype in UE4, Unity or other industry standard game engines.
- Show a deep understanding of current engine capabilities and features, from a technical, design and art perspective.
- Have the ability to create practical and rapid solutions to demonstrate the core principles of a concept quickly; be willing to "fail fast and find the fun".
- Demonstrate an awareness of current gaming trends and the elements that make games appealing.
- Have an open, creative and collaborative approach to work.
- Thrive in an energetic environment that demands effective and efficient work against (often) tight deadlines.
It would be an advantage if you:
- Have shipped multiple successful titles, ranging across several genres, taking on a large amount of the development duties.
- Have created several personal projects and harbour a passion for games-jams.
- Are able to demonstrate an artistic sensibility and understanding of creating a consistent and appeal visual style.
- Have C++ programming skills, combined with game mechanics comprehension and development.
- Can demonstrate experience of source control systems.
If this is what you're looking for then contact Jordan at Jordan@aswift.com or alternitavely you can reach him on 01709 834777