Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Ubisoft Toronto are looking for a Production Director to join them in the heart of Ontario!
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell, and Watch Dogs. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Ubisoft offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
As a Production Director at UbiTO, you’ll plan and guide the overall development of a game. You’ll set its production process up for success and then see it through from conception to completion: tracking and fine-tuning along the way.
You will be responsible for moving all of the production team forward from one phase to the next, and for keeping an eye on obstacles that could jeopardize the project as a whole and adapt accordingly.
Plus, you provide the conditions for everyone to contribute together, combine their complementary expertise, and enable their game – their months of dedication, decision-making, and creation – to reach an audience.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
Working closely with the Producer and Creative Director to assess the overall game vision & project requirements
Defining the scope of the entire project: create its high-level roadmap and timeline, establish its main deliverables and key milestones, and set its development strategies and budgets
Building the project's organisational structure to optimize the team's talents
Anticipating and identifying risks and setbacks and put plans in place to overcome them
Developing communication channels to foster collaboration and interaction between colleagues, co-dev studios, and internal and external partners
Monitoring progress + syncing up with Associate Producers and Production Managers to keep the project on pace
Reflecting on what’s working and what’s not + look for areas of improvement to evolve processes, methods, and practices
Creating and maintaining a supportive work environment + grow the production team.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Around 8 years of professional development in production or project management in the video game industry
- In-depth knowledge of game development pipelines and interdependencies + familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies
- Have shipped a minimum of one AAA game title in a management or project management role
- A degree in Project Management or Business Administration (or relevant training/ experience)
- An innovative spirit that drives you to explore and bring about new ways of doing things
- The ability to influence change + anticipate blockers and find creative solutions to remove them
- A collaborative mindset
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Consideration of the impact your choices have on creators
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to whatever production (inevitably) throws your way: you can modify any part of your plans based on the situation
The is a full time, permanent role based from the Ubisoft Toronto office. Ubisoft offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
If you’re interested in applying, or would like further details, get in touch with Jess Galvin at Aardvark Swift email email@example.com or call +441709 834777.