BagelCode – London, UK
BagelCode are searching for a Product Owner to join their team! Originally founded as the Social Gaming department of a larger gaming company over 10 years ago, Bagelcode have entered an exciting new phase with an international firm with similar goals. Over the years, they have entertained millions of players and currently operate the social versions of 3 free to play mobile casino games.
As well as developing and releasing regular game content updates and new features, the team also run inhouse data analytics, customer service and marketing functions. They’re developing exciting new games and everybody on the team is part of that process.
The role will be focused on delivering new features into social casino games. You will be the Product Owner for the scrum team based in London. Reporting directly to the Product Director, you will be responsible for defining features for our game/application based on business needs, writing/drawing up specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria and then working with the scrum team to deliver the product features to the defined specifications. You will be responsible for the KIPI success of the features you deliver and expected to iterate and improve where possible.
As part of the Product Team you will need to work closely with other POs and the Product Director to ensure quality features are delivered into our development pipeline and get to the players.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Balancing the needs of the business, the customer and the product/brand across the games features
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to analyse the needs and align teams product feature roadmap to strategic goals
- Owning the feature roadmap for the London scrum team
- Developing scope and defining backlog items
- Constructing and maintaining appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Solving product related problems, making decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards committed deliverables
- Acting as an ambassador for the features you develop with stakeholders and as the primary contact for queries related to these features
- Working closely with the Product Director and product team in order to create features that fit the game.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- At least two to three years of professional development in a Product related role – Product Owner, Product Management, Production and Project Management
- Some feature/game design professional history and grasp of social game ‘meta features’ with a good understanding of market trends
- Mobile web product expertise
- Aptness in the management of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Specialisation with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- A background with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skillset
Bonus points if you have…
- Previous experience working in social mobile games
- Knowledge of Social Casino games and mechanics
- Previously worked in project management or as a Scrum master
- Good understand of Jira
If you are a creative and strategic thinker, with great attention to detail, who enjoys a dynamic work environment, we want to hear from you!
Bagelcode are a London-Based in studio, currently working on a fully remote basis. They welcome applications from candidates who are interested in both remote and in-house positions, however at present they cannot accept applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship or wish to be based outside of the UK.
Get in touch with Jess Galvin on 01709 834777 ore email firstname.lastname@example.org