Ubisoft – Winnipeg, CA
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. They are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Their vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead their inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
You know that video game production is hard, but your goal is to make it easier. You can build a team to share the load, collaborating with and supervising smaller multidisciplinary teams to get your deliverables across the finish line. You will be the driving force behind them all, the guarantor of smooth sailing. You have dreams about the things that could go wrong, then in the morning you go to work and proactively prevent them from happening.
Your day-to-day will involve the following:
- Participate in the hiring, long term development, and day to day operation of a production development team;
- Drive the creative process with team members to define and develop the best products possible;
- Be responsible for the overall quality and on time delivery of the project;
- Participate in defining the content deliverables, milestones, and various decisions related to the project;
- Organise and coordinate the different activities and resources necessary to the production process (development, planning, debugging, etc.);
- Assess workloads when defining the scope and during development in order to support the teams;
- Understand the project's vision so as to intervene effectively when defining the scope and during development;
- Ensure that the teams have the necessary technical support (software and hardware);
- Be the point person for co-dev relationships with partner studios around the world.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in business administration, project management or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver major projects in terms of quality standards, budget, time & resources.
- Influential leadership;
- Analytical and problem solving aptitude;
- Experience in recruiting and selecting;
- Capacity to analyze risk and make contingency plans;
- Be creative and innovative;
- Be proactive, dynamic and diplomatic;
- Result-oriented and work under-pressure;
- Excellent communication skills;
Ubisoft Winnipeg are an inclusive employer; they believe diversity is one of their strengths. Embracing differences allows them to innovate and create even better games! We welcome applications from anyone who is currently living in or open to relocating to Canada. Relocation and visa support will be provided!
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777