d3t – Runcorn, UK
d3t are currently looking for a Producer to join their expanding team as they look ahead to their next project. Ideally, they are seeking an experienced Producer/Project Manager looking for their next challenge within the AAA dev space. If you have proven production experience within the games industry, then we want to hear from you!
Your main task will be to work with the Exec Producer and other department leads, owning multiple game features and taking them from initial concept through to development and release. You will work with cross discipline teams and be responsible for ensuring the schedule, scope and risks for the features are constantly monitored and communicated.
Alongside of this you will be required to communicate progress and gather feedback from the wider development team.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading feature or development teams and collaborating across different disciplines in order to define project goals, requirements and agree priorities of work
- Regularly reviewing progress with the team and senior management, gathering feedback on features, understand how all departments work combines toward the goals of games
- Defining and understanding the risks during concept and managing them through the features development
- Ensuring that project team members are working from a tracked schedule and that they have a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution
- Documenting, tracking and communicating project status and scheduling changes with key members of the team and adapting the schedules where necessary
- Improving process, pipelines, and interactions between the different parts of the team and the sub teams
- Responsible for the deployment of appropriate production processes and methodology on assigned projects which support the team and facilitate the creation of the best possible games.
- Scheduling and attending development meetings on any assigned projects, setting agendas, facilitating discussions, taking notes and identifying action points arising from any meeting.
- Providing leadership to both a project's team of development leads and the wider project team.
- Ensuring excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development teams and across disciplines.
- Removing impediments that arise during development to ensure that the team can focus on what they do best.
- Providing production guidance and support to other d3t project teams where required.
- Undertaking milestone reviews with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they are achieved to the highest standards.
- Mentoring and managing junior production members.
- Acting as a representative for d3t to award-winning clients, fostering and maintaining strong working relationships with development partners
- Being a key contact for external partners, providing updates and assisting with the flow of communication
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Credits on at least 1 game title that you've worked the full development lifecycle (pre-production through to release)
- A track record project managing multiple development disciplines
- Expertise leading teams building AAA titles on current generation platforms
- Broad knowledge across diverse areas of game-making
- A passion for solving problems and building motivated teams
- Professional skillset with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Up-to-date understanding and a keen interest in project planning methodologies
- Able to work within a team and to actively work to make the team operate cohesively
- In-depth dexterity around the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project)
- Ability to work unsupervised to complete tasks assigned to you
- Good presentation skillset, both written and verbal
- Natural leadership abilities including motivating and driving development teams and processes
- Adaptable to be a good fit within the studio environment, being friendly, approachable and with a professional work ethic
- Proactive and open-minded in solving scheduling issues relating to the complex development structure of game development
Bonus points if you have….
- Experience with SharePoint and Office macros
- Expertise with Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence
- A passion for video games and familiar with the AAA console scene
- A background in games development (engineering, art, design or QA)
Just some of the benefits of working with d3t include…
- Relocation package for you and your dependents
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Private medical insurance, life insurance
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to global triple-A clients. Their studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
They are based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. They are passionate about what they do and pride ourselves on an anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Runcorn. You will have flexibility to work from home, but the ideal candidate will live close enough to the office so they can collaborate with the team face-to-face on a regular basis.
If you’re interested in this role, or would like to know more, get in touch with Jess Galvin on 01709 83477 or email email@example.com