Producer (Hybrid Working Options)
DR Studios Milton Keynes, UK
DR Studios are searching for a Producer to join a well-established development team to work on Terraria; one of the bestselling games of all time on any platform! They are looking for a proactive, highly motivated and diligent individual to join their studio and take ownership of the project schedule and help the development team maintain the high quality and regularity of updates that is expected of this much beloved game.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with the development team to ensure project planning goals are structured and progress is reported internally, escalating issues as required
- Supporting the Director to help manage the development process from concept through prototyping, development and release to live operation, ensuring the appropriate team members are allocated work and motivated
- Assisting both the Director and key stakeholders to ensure design, quality and timing goals are effectively communicated within the entire development team.
- Maintaining high working efficiency within teams by addressing all blocking issues in a timely manner
- Collaboration with all disciplines to ensure the team has the required resources and equipment to meet expected deliverables and deadlines
- Ensuring team members are working from a tracked schedule and that they have a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timelines of their contribution.
- Operating closely with a well-established, friendly team of dedicated people
- Liaison with other areas of the studio and external partners to facilitate development.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 2+ years’ professional development in similar roles
- Excellent organisational and communication abilities
- Expertise managing the schedule of multiple disciplines within a development team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Proven ability to ensure project scope is adhered to and delivered in accordance with expectations
- Aptness for communicating technical requirements and the status of features across game development disciplines
- An intuition for identifying and resolve conflict between schedule, resources and quality
- A proficiency for managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, capacity, change and risk whilst making recommendations accordingly
- A knack for promoting excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development teams and across disciplines
Bonus points if you have…
- Shipped at least one title in a production role
- Knowledge of the technical concepts and processes used by game development teams
- An understanding of console submission requirements and compliance
- Full comprehension of project management methodologies, tools and approaches and ability to tailor methods to meet the requirements of the team.
- Experience using Unity or similar game engine
If you’re interested in this role, or would like more info, get in touch with Jess Galvin now on 01709 834777 or email email@example.com!