Absolutely Games – Guildford, UK
Absolutely Games are on the look out for a Development Manager to join their team that includes a mixture of veterans and up-and-coming talent! Their core values come from their experience working in both the biggest and smallest studios, on titles ranging from AAA blockbusters to indie hits.
They are currently working on an exciting new IP, providing a fresh take on a popular genre, while also exploring partnerships and great new game concepts.
Founded by James Brooksby after selling Edge Case Games to Wargaming, and by Adrian Hawkins formerly of Twistplay and Kuju, Absolutely Games have been working in secret since October 2019 on a new project that is currently getting a great reception behind closed doors. They're planning to expand their team as they work towards the release of their debut premium strategy game.
This position is based in Guildford, UK and reports to the CEO.
You'll be working closely with the game development team and key stakeholders to deliver the best possible game to a high quality standard, while managing the project schedule to ensure the delivery of the game on-time and on budget.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working closely with the team to ensure delivery on time and to a high standard
- Managing realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and key stakeholders
- Supporting the team using a blend of agile and other project management methodologies
- Pulling together the elements of key deliveries to partners against set specifications
- Tracking the project progress, owning status reports and team updates
- Communication with platform and publishing partners
- Finalising and ultimately delivering the game to Console and PC release standard
- Supporting the team with what they need in order to deliver
- Raising issues with the managers and stakeholders and carrying out changes where required
- Identifying and resolving conflicts within the schedule,
- Providing visibility in project tracking, and reporting on progress
- Working with outsource and freelance partners to ensure on-time delivery and to quality
- Fostering positive relationships within the team and the game publisher
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Proven track record of delivering at least one high-quality game to completion on PC or console
- A real problem solver who can see issues coming and work to proactively solve them with the team
- Strong communication at all levels with the ability challenge people's thinking
- Good knowledge and experience with both agile and waterfall project management
- Strong understanding of all aspects of designing, building and optimising a game
- Happy to get in amongst the weeds on a project, but able to retain the detachment needed to make the right calls
- Am ability to utilise the tools provided and build robust plans and then drive progress
- A “tell it as it is”, “zero politics” team player who can live the companies values everyday
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with Monday/JIRA/Hansoft or similar, MSProject, GSuite, Excel
- A background running PC/Console game development projects
- Familiarity working on a strategy game title
- Expertise working on long tail, live development
- Professional history in a growing/scaling-up studio
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Jess Galvin on 01709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org