From creating your own theme park full of dinosaurs in Jurassic Park to exploring deep space in their amazing title Elite dangerous, Frontier have truly created standout AAA video games and have done so since 1994 across a range of genres.
Having sold millions of copies of their critically acclaimed diverse games Frontier aim to put themselves, as well as the games industry as a whole, at the forefront of the world’s entertainment industry.
They're currently looking for a Principal Network Programmer to come lead the team and work on Elite Dangerous, their highly successful AAA title. Elite Dangerous supports a thriving community of active players with regular updates adding new features and content into the game.
The future success of the game depends upon an innovative network architecture developed to distribute the simulation, replication and persistence of game state between clients linked in peer-to-peer connections, game servers running islands of related clients, and web services bringing all the players together.
Here's what you'll be doing…
- Holding the vision for how the game servers interact with each part of the game
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to implement game features with server-side components
- Supporting new content being created for server-side systems
- Understanding and driving improvements to the game network architecture
- Investigating emerging issues with game server performance and reliability
- Pro-actively contributing to both the network programming and cross-discipline teams
- As a senior member of the programming team, you will be expected to support the development of colleagues, including graduates.
Here's what you'll need…
- A proven track record at Senior/Principal level in a similar role is essential
- Advanced understanding of C++ and object oriented programming
- Thorough knowledge of common game networking challenges
- Experience with game scripting, ideally using Lua scripts
- Familiarity with Linux development is a plus.
And here's what Frontier can offer you…
- A fantastic salary of up to £65,000
- A very generous joining bonus
- A generous personal and project bonus scheme
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits from which you can select to suit your needs
- Pension – up to 5% matched employer contributions.
- A Generous Relocation package and assistance (If needed)
Interested? Aardvark Swift are exclusively handling the applications for this position. For more information or to apply, contact Jordan Bateman at Jordan@aswift.com or on +44 (0)1709 834777.